Amul Shah on 25 Mar 2014 19:35:25 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Cord Cutting Options

On Mar 25, 2014, at 7:22 PM, Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 2:06 PM, Carl Johnson
> <cjohnson19791979@gmail.com> wrote:
>> what issues do you have? i've a hdhr prime on fios with premium
>> channels that's been working fine for about a year now.
>
> I've heard that they mark the premium channels as copy-once, which
> makes the hdhr refuse to decode them unless it is in conjunction with
> a certified video player.  However, I don't subscribe to premium
> channels (HBO, Showtime, etc).

My HDHR prime was having some authentication issues withe the CableCard when I set it up. I just checked so that I could cut’n’paste the error message and it no longer has that problem. I won’t look a gift horse in the mouth, but tech support was not helpful with the setup and managed to screw up the settings on the cable box so bad that they had to repeat the activation.

Amul