Rich Freeman on 28 Mar 2014 07:40:58 -0700

Re: [PLUG] DNS question

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 10:37 AM, Julien Mills <julienfmills@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I had this same issue, but running on a Linux DNS server.
>
> Someone told me this and it worked:
>
> Add either of these lines to your DNS setup file:
>
> @        A           100.10.11.1
> or
> example.com.         A       100.10.11.1
>
> Note the period on the end of example.com.
>
> Not sure if this will help since you're using a Windows DNS server, but
> there it is.

Correct, this will change where the domain points, but it won't help
if you want web users to go to a different place than AD/SMB/etc.  To
do that you need to fix things at the application level, or use
redirectors/etc at the application level.

Rich