brent saner on 6 Jul 2014 12:12:28 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Easiest QoS/Router/Connection-trunking distro at this point?

whoa. didn't mean to open a can of worms, hehe.

just wanted to point out two corrections in the thread:

-shorewall is simply a set of static config files and perl scripts that compile iptables rules. it's a package (and should be available for ALL distros), not a distro in and of itself.

-as someone just mentioned, openwrt can indeed run in virtualbox/on x86 hardware[0]

[0] http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/virtualbox

brent s.
(on my mobile device)