Soren Harward on 6 Jul 2014 12:13:55 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Easiest QoS/Router/Connection-trunking distro at this point?

> (is OpenWRT designed to even run
> on a standard PC though?)

No, it's not. It's designed to cram maximum features into minimum space. Which leads to things like them writing their own DHCP daemon, the documentation for which is available only in the README file which is in the source tarball. And that README isn't available on the installed system, because it's like 2k compressed.

I love OpenWRT—I'm running it on 3 devices at home—but it's wholly inappropriate for any system other than an embedded networking device.

Soren Harward
stharward@gmail.com