Soren Harward on 1 Oct 2014 11:18:29 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Router Projects and VPNs

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 8:20 PM, Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
> Well, all I can say is I have no idea why I put this off.

Glad it went smoothly.  Sorry for the delayed response; I've been
camping/hiking/rafting/doing other outdoorsy stuff off the grid since
Saturday.

> You said that firmware updates are typically easy to do, and don't
> require reconfiguration?

Typically not.  Sometimes the back-end configuration handling for a
certain service is overhauled between releases, which necessitates
reconfiguring after upgrading.  e.g., in Barrier Breaker, major
changes were made to how IPv6 is configured, so you'd have had to have
redone that one.  And you always have to reinstall any packages that
you'd manually installed; the upgrade doesn't do that for you.  But
all in all, it usually takes about 5-10 minutes to upgrade.

--
Soren Harward