Fred Stluka on 18 Oct 2014 19:52:37 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Offline apps for Chromebook

On 10/17/14 1:28 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
Honestly, it would be nice if Linux Distros enabled more of the
features found on ChromeOS.  Some good primers can be found at:
http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/chromiumos-design-docs/security-overview
http://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/tpm-usage

Interesting.  I especially liked this excerpt about fingerprint
scanners and facial recognition as ways to login:

... We expect these devices to be covered in our
users' fingerprints, so a low-cost fingerprint scanner could actually
increase the likelihood of compromise.
We were able to break into one
device that used facial recognition authentication software just by
holding it up to the user's photo.
--Fred