Keith C. Perry on 11 Nov 2014 07:37:47 -0800

Re: [PLUG] linux modems.

I have a Hylafax server running off of a USR USB modem.  No problem getting it going from what I remember.  Its been in place for several years.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

From: "Chad Waters" <chad@chadwaters.com>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 10:27:08 AM
Subject: [PLUG] linux modems.

So make when modems were more common I remember there being major issues getting them to work on linux.

How about today? Its been suggested that I use a modem for out-of-band access to some equipment at work. Is this feasible? I can't really test it because I don't have a POTS line at my desk (yet).

Thanks
Chad