Casey Bralla on 15 Nov 2014 07:44:07 -0800

[PLUG] Cut The Cord - How to Start?

So I've pretty much decided I want to cut the cable TV cord.

I therefore want to combine broadcast TV with streaming services.   I'll also
build a custom media PC for all this.

Can anybody point me to a good reference for getting started?    I've done
some searching, but I feel like I'm drinking from a fire hose.

Ideally, I'd like to do a virtualbox test setup.

I'm wondering about if I need special hardware.  Should I use the TV's tuner,
or use a special tuner card?

Any suggestions or horror-stories would be greatly appreciated.

--

Casey Bralla

Chief Nerd in Residence
The NerdWorld Organisation