Claude M. Schrader on 20 Nov 2014 08:32:52 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Cut The Cord - How to Start?

I recently trimmed the cord, as it were.

I went with Comcast's Internet Plus package. This provides a 15/5 internet
connection, local channels, and HBO (including HBO go). Including the
$10/month "HD Fee", and taxes, I think I pay about $62/month.

The HD local channels require a converter box, but I don't really watch
them much aside from football, and Meet the Press.

We use hulu+ and netflix on an appletv for most of our content
consumption. It takes a little getting used to, but it's a much better way
of watching tv. We spend way less time with the TV making noise in the
background with something we don't really care about. If we are watching
something these days, it took a conscious decision to put it on.
Claude