Art Clemons on 8 Dec 2014 04:05:08 -0800

Re: [PLUG] No TV Over the Air?

On 12/07/2014 05:12 PM, Casey Bralla wrote:
I could install a real antennae in my attic, but that would entail running
antennae wire, and then I'd have to choose between Philly and Lancaster
stations.

Way back when, people had antennas with rotators so that they could zero in on the strongest signal, which in even in the same market might come from different directions. You could also combine the signal from two different antennas on the same mast to get coverage from Philly and Lancaster.

I also note that outdoor antennas seem to have less attenuation than antennas inside buildings even attics if you are not renting. There is an FCC ruling on TV antennas and even smaller dish antennas that pretty much overrules any homeowner association or similar group attempting to ban such antennas. If you need a larger antenna and you own your home or condo, outside is likely to be a better long term solution. Renting has other issues if you do rent.