John Karr on 8 Dec 2014 12:49:48 -0800

Re: [PLUG] No TV Over the Air?

I don't have cable and I don't have rabbit ears. The tiny amount of
network tv I watch I just wait for on Hulu. If the programming you watch
isn't available on Hulu or takes too long to get there (Hulu's premium
subscribers get some content sooner) you might look for it directly on the
station's or network's websites, and at least one of the legacy broadcast
networks is trying to sell digital subscriptions.

While over the air radio still has an important place, I predict that in
10 years, the broadcast TV Networks (they use much more raw bandwidth than
radio) will be seeking permission to stop broadcasting and sell their
bandwidth.

I am both patient and consume relatively little TV. With the free online
resources available and some DVD and streaming service purchases I don't
have a cable bill, and don't miss TV.

Then I spent the money I saved on a Dark Shadows Coffin (filled with 1200+
episodes), and definitely an upgrade to my tv experience.