john boris on 15 Dec 2014 09:32:31 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Looking for help with Ubuntu 14.04 on an HP 380 Gen8 server

Gavin,
Right now I am trying to connect to the server using VNC. The server is in our NOC so I am used to connecting from my Office. I use RealVNC viewer. I can connect but my screen is all grey and no desktop. I can look into it. I can run run a VM with the Xserver on my desktop. I just need the GUI desktop but it has to stay up all the time. Well at least for the first 6 months of this project. Then I can make them headless systems