gary on 24 Jan 2015 13:58:22 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Boxes for Internet in Garage?

  Be careful, though. Verizon sold some of their network to Frontier, so
the "Verizon" equipment could very well be providing the service you are
paying Frontier to provide.

                                    Gary Duzan

=> Its for Verizon FiOS service. If you don't use them then you can safely
=> unplug the battery and the outlet.
=>
=> Unlike POTS lines, FiOS needs power. The battery is a backup in case you
=> lose electric service.
=>
=> I have the same thing mounted in my basement.
=> On Jan 24, 2015 4:24 PM, "Paul Jungwirth" <pj@illuminatedcomputing.com>