Rich Freeman on 22 Feb 2015 11:12:48 -0800

Re: [PLUG] TV Remote Control Ideas Needed

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 1:14 PM, Rich Mingin (PLUG) <plug@frags.us> wrote:
> I believe the harmony remotes have that section of the market all sewed up,
> unless diy is a major component of your desire.

Agree.  I'd certainly be interested if somebody knows of a DIY
solution (sounds like a great FOSS opportunity), but the real problem
is the hardware.  If you wanted something that fit in a 3x4x4 box with
an AC adapter I could probably think of a million ways to do this.  In
the more likely situation that you would like a remote that fits in
the palm of your hand, finding hardware to run it on is going to be
more difficult.

--
Rich