Will on 22 Feb 2015 14:07:33 -0800

Re: [PLUG] TV Remote Control Ideas Needed

Rich,

What you are proposing could easily be done with an arduino. As far as infrared on any android phones, one can wire up an it led to be powered from the head phone jack. One could write a simple app to drive it.

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015, 14:12 Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 1:14 PM, Rich Mingin (PLUG) <plug@frags.us> wrote:
> I believe the harmony remotes have that section of the market all sewed up,
> unless diy is a major component of your desire.

Agree.  I'd certainly be interested if somebody knows of a DIY
solution (sounds like a great FOSS opportunity), but the real problem
is the hardware.  If you wanted something that fit in a 3x4x4 box with
an AC adapter I could probably think of a million ways to do this.  In
the more likely situation that you would like a remote that fits in
the palm of your hand, finding hardware to run it on is going to be
more difficult.

--
Rich