Greg Helledy on 26 Feb 2015 11:04:37 -0800

[PLUG] Child Proofing my Home Network

I have been using Norton ConnectSafe as a replacement DNS at the router.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norton_ConnectSafe

Yes, that's operating only at the domain level, but easy and free.

I know you didn't ask for other advice but I would supplement it with a rule that "Children under age [X] may not use internet-connected devices without a adult in the room" and a discussion about not all objects in the house being collectively-owned; some are private and not to be touched by others without their explicit consent.

In my household, X is 12. There is a single desktop PC with the screen facing the kitchen for the under-12.
--
Greg Helledy
GRA, Incorporated

-- NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged
information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying of distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer.