Greg Helledy on 26 Feb 2015 11:42:59 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Child Proofing my Home Network

Thanks. Today speaking with my wife I told her it is time to spin up
another unit just for her. It will make things a bit easier as I will then
have her on her own IP. And we can can monitor it better.

I think that's a good idea. At the time, we went with an iPod Touch. She's now 14 and has a smartphone, but with the cellular data turned off...data is only through wifi. This means it has the Norton DNS filtering plus gets cut off at 10 on schoolnights by the router. She would probably already have cellular data but has trouble respecting bedtimes...can't resist the temptation to get on the phone when she's supposed to be sleeping. She's now limited to clandestine texting, but if she had the internet at her disposal all night I'm afraid she wouldn't sleep.

--
Greg Helledy
GRA, Incorporated

-- NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged
information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying of distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer.