Aaron Mulder on 26 Feb 2015 13:57:01 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Child Proofing my Home Network

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Thomas Delrue <delrue.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-l6CP4tmab6k/UkpCqDal6xI/AAAAAAAADE4/Djnrw1zo3fs/s1600/censorship.png

At the age of eight, some protection from reality is called for.

Sadly, the perfectly natural question "how do people have sex?" is one
the Internet is particularly ill-suited to answer.  It tries really,
really hard, but fails spectacularly.  In that case, reality is
something I could be OK with, but it isn't what you get.

And how hard is it to find videos of beheadings these days?

Anyway, I'm following this thread with interest.  We're using parental
controls on a Mac, and periodically I spend a fair amount of time
entering a password to whitelist new sites, but at least the kids'
interests on the Internet are still pretty confined.  Someday in the
not-too-distant future, that will stop being viable.

Thanks,
       Aaron