Jeremy Kister on 26 Feb 2015 14:01:27 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Child Proofing my Home Network

On 2/26/2015 4:26 PM, Thomas Delrue wrote:
I feel that this has gone from a "my granddaughter is computer-savvy" to
a "how do I censor and control everything my granddaughter sees or does
on the internet" and when discussions move into the realm of censorship
and control, I get suspicious, defensive and sometimes even cocky.

Or "how do we help implement a technical solution with linux" to "anyone who doesnt agree with me is wrong and i wont help them at all"

FWIW, my kids are not protected from themselves. I try to protect them from innocent activity that yields content not suited for their eyes.

When they're old enough to google for breasts, i don't attempt to stop them.

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./