Keith C. Perry on 20 May 2015 09:50:51 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Ext4

I do fulls as much as possible especially on my server OS partition.  One of the nice things about xfs is that its just as easy to fulls as it is to do incrementals if one so desires.  You can even restart an interrupted process.

Data volumes I do various combinations of encrypted storage with LVM, DRBD and nilfs2 or xfs.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "fred" <fred@bristle.com>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 12:42:04 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Ext4

On 5/20/15 9:56 AM, Michael Leone wrote:
 > Differential backups all the way. Full if you can manage it ...

Yeah, I do incremental backups on all my Linux servers (and
even on my Mac clients via an rsync one-liner.  Keeps a full
backup, but also daily (or more often) incrementals. Very
fast efficient and easy.  See:
- http://bristle.com/Tips/Unix.htm#rsync_full_and_incremental_backup
and the tips that precede it on that same page.

--Fred