Joe Rosato on 7 Jun 2015 08:26:34 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
- From: Joe Rosato <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [PLUG] (no subject)
- Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 15:26:20 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=9qTD92CeLD8cwbdFpGQrUJ9Tr1LvdH42l8qUeSp44Ps=; b=nDRF6+A6mdQ/raB7S9aQGvTzHNDE54wZa+o8ubQ8wkJ7Bj3hxE6YxWVLdZsvb5Cfxb jEm2tikJnZ/b6LkpSIHTxDR2h2dU3sK6aQnLL0K8nZVLp4DIYRRQQvh88o+p99Oafkas 6o4M9S0pR4NCrEYlFdp5jB0aNEMvIIDOGyCCY+X64RoVcANd3lC25ZfWLR7qP4zJ7Cwd 9NB+WMU3gFH3hsD/X25AonoBKpxsu7to34WTpwVHBZf95CBYKv8uQAVHaiXBOE8J5E0Q Xhl8lnGO7qcJqhgjmGknPC/3YoksdWJNt61AEdRSV8SKgnZjH3u3Nb+bUmI6x16/L+8U Vvcg==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: "plug" <email@example.com>
My brother-in-law recently moved into a new house and he has coax, cat5, and phone wire all terminating at the box pictured below (link). It goes about a finger lengths back and the square is about a foot+.
He is probably only going to make two TVs active (coax) so a little splitter solves that issue. For the cat-5 he can get a little RJ45 hub and solve that issue.
For 'neatness' I looked up RJ11 hubs and there are some out there.. has anyone used them before? or are there mini-phone-patch-panels that will fit in this opening? He is non-tech so I thought going the no-exposed wire route was the best bet.
Or is there a one-stop mini patch coax/RJ45/RJ11 panel that solves all of this? The goal is neatness. I can shove a splitter and two mini hubs in there.. but is there something cleaner?
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug