Keith C. Perry on 7 Jun 2015 09:27:15 -0700

[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: [PLUG] (no subject)

There are little consolidated wiring panels for such projects that were made specifically for the residential market.  I remember seeing them in Lowes or Home Depot.

Something like...

The problem is finding a unit that is modular or has the right number and type of connections you want.  That's why this normally requires some custom work.  There might something out there though.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167

From: "rosatoj" <>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <>
Sent: Sunday, June 7, 2015 11:26:20 AM
Subject: [PLUG] (no subject)

My brother-in-law recently moved into a new house and he has coax, cat5, and phone wire all terminating at the box pictured below (link). It goes about a finger lengths back and the square is about a foot+.

He is probably only going to make two TVs active (coax) so a little splitter solves that issue. For the cat-5 he can get a little RJ45 hub and solve that issue.

For 'neatness' I looked up RJ11 hubs and there are some out there.. has anyone used them before? or are there mini-phone-patch-panels that will fit in this opening? He is non-tech so I thought going the no-exposed wire route was the best bet.

Or is there a one-stop mini patch coax/RJ45/RJ11 panel that solves all of this? The goal is neatness. I can shove a splitter and two mini hubs in there.. but is there something cleaner?


Philadelphia Linux Users Group         --
Announcements -
General Discussion  --
Philadelphia Linux Users Group         --
Announcements -
General Discussion  --