Casey Bralla on 14 Jun 2015 02:15:42 -0700

[PLUG] X2GO vs VNC for Local Remote Desktop

I like to use standard VNC for remote desktop control of my servers from
inside my firewall. (direct gigabyte LAN)

Currently, I use x11vnc as a server on my web server, then use the standard
KDE remote desktop client to access and control the server remotely.  This
works pretty well, but is not is not particularly snappy.

Would X2GO work well in this application?  Would it be significantly better
over a gigabyte LAN network?
--

Casey Bralla

Chief Nerd in Residence