Rich Freeman on 16 Jun 2015 03:46:40 -0700

Re: [PLUG] PLUG W and presos

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 1:00 AM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:

> Second, last night we were talking about presentations for future
> meetings and some of the things that came up are:
>
> * Mini install-fests
> * Mini t-shooting clinics
> * Perhaps some "kid friendly" topics for the summer?
> * More beginner topics like:
>         * bash
>         * vim
> * Maybe some network architecture (Bill!?) thoughts
>
> Other folks, chime in.

For North I'd love to see a talk on Ansible or zsh!  :)

If not I guess I can watch the video replays...

I'm probably not a great source for identifying questions new folks
would have, but I don't mind putting together a talk if some want to
raise questions.  Some low-to-intermediate-level questions that might
come up are:

* Tours of various desktop environments/etc.
* A comparison of various package managers/formats (I'd be interested
in that one myself - I'm thinking capabilities/major design/etc - what
can rpm do that deb can't, etc)
* How to build a kernel
* X11 concepts (or for that matter Wayland)

--
Rich