Steve Litt on 19 Jun 2015 21:00:27 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux Laptop

Absolutely true. When I buy cheap at Costco and slam Linux on it, the
OEM bean counters think I'm using Linux and don't change their ways. As
a good citizen of the Free Software Community, I'd gladly pay five or
ten bucks to let the bean counters know. Matter of fact, to make
absolutely sure it works with Linux, I'd pay an extra $75. But Rich,
we're talking about a 50% to 100% markup over the Costco computer. Buy
two, get one. It doesn't play well if it's your own money you're
spending (as opposed to your employer's).

And from what I hear, System76 has as many QC problems as the rest of
them. It's a marked up commodity machine that happens to be Linux
compatible. Like most of the computers I've purchased from Costco.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2015 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key