K.S. Bhaskar on 25 Jun 2015 08:08:38 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [PLUG] Home wifi access point & router recommendation
- From: "K.S. Bhaskar" <email@example.com>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [PLUG] Home wifi access point & router recommendation
- Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 11:08:32 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=Ok3R1ujJz3Y4wbtKwH0OI7dgXX1ZYaoc0UlNt3fVvH0=; b=e9dCtQ7we/IwD7d7X0iLof7K1ZtqGIf6Ao7xO3iOWnULPjrcrk8B0vZn5xmJY835Du N2Kcsrweh9mjw1wCol3Aqc0mNAukbb3PZpYRwXay2GqYAl4zzrtd+IO/CtLt/LGjDVe1 JBeXtMfG+WorbeQ1LW+U3meWPNZSeJ6sZ46ZbVfsSDLyacVcaIYF9NdK0ZHO0jlg6/6f u9FhmJuPt+tTXyT0uuLkQlTqWh+CQv01qb5GkcKBItJ7YoSg6iOI8/AmH36ZxXUOZ0dD qQa3b5wiaHfObjSNNwSlLm+cj57/PCCZQgGbaOM7Hc6QM2pmeYpMJM2AOk024hTVbryx STZA==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thanks for the comments, all.
John & Bill, I have had reasonably good experiences with Buffalo. An earlier router was a Buffalo (I forget the model) that I flashed with Tomato and which got fried (along with a lot of other electronics) in a lightning strike on our house last year. The router I need to replace is a Buffalo N300 (which ships with DD-WRT) I bought to replace that one.
What's peculiar is the failure - refuses to connect with the WAN (cable modem) and get an IP address. The light on the cable modem flashes when I connect the cable to the router, so evidently there is physical connectivity, and the cable is good because it is working now with my old backup router. So, it must be a hardware failure on the NIC of the Buffalo N300 - most peculiar…
Thanks for the other recommendations, all.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug