Rich Freeman on 20 Aug 2015 12:17:35 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Need a supported distro with old glibc

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 2:35 PM, Chad Waters <chad@chadwaters.com> wrote:
> Its pretty bad when its two Debian releases behind.
>
> It's supported in Debian Squeeze LTS "old-old-stable" through February 2016.

Believe it or not it was only dropped from the Gentoo repository in
March 2015.  It is still available in the toolchain overlay, though I
have no idea for how long, and of course nothing in the main tree will
be checked for compatibility (though most stuff will likely still work
- I wouldn't include systemd in that).  It looks like the toolchain
overlay for Gentoo actually goes all the way back to 2.3.6.  None of
that stuff gets security support as far as I'm aware - it is more of
an archive.  In fact, that ebuild might use patches that aren't being
mirrored/maintained anywhere (this is a gap in how these files used to
be distributed in the past which should be somewhat fixed now).

--
Rich