Louis K on 28 Aug 2015 05:51:08 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Securing Web Site for External Traffic
- From: Louis K <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [PLUG] Securing Web Site for External Traffic
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 08:50:44 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=5QXPD+6okyxEVnGCqM0I0VzBa3Ys/Ykd3M4BepZ5muE=; b=Rlq7fYxk5wb1acWx131MuMfckRBzQiNznxtSfp0/dxEMHyYJan+rVRPKLqa+D701yC kQl9nY5b0LlTuhWraqLF++fBbuBSwwV63Lv41BPRsObuVEh0neiEB8XFoEzUOledL9HH 64TgCerhZyJkvWxHL/uUCxgHg801D1iL730UaMWw1vRAxRJ+6O/dJzWGijmhpZ9ckMge /N6o5WAVPBkThsQQZwH7HHn7UeP89BcinOwTypRMWtwYgZ+a/d31gucVaCrgc6nUbD2A D9XwFDBeajg8QQ4imLVplppf6dmUmxyrL3Rus4o+nRmAu+8zjeYY1AwCtM9TW/1K50TW H18Q==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: "plug" <email@example.com>
I've got a simple website running behind my firewall for administrating our various web-based devices and services (dvr, baby monitor, etc). I'm thinking about forwarding port 80 on my router to make the site accessible from outside our home network.
What are people's opinions of the best way to secure such a site? I think the easiest would be http auth with user/password, but is that "secure enough"?
I was also thinking about a vpn solution but am admittedly pretty green with that stuff and would need it to work on different platforms (iOS and droid).
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug