Rich Freeman on 14 Jan 2016 19:24:27 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Slides from my Gentoo Talk

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 10:13 PM, Casey Bralla <MailList@nerdworld.org> wrote:
> I didn't get to the meeting, but greatly enjoyed the slides. Thank you!
>
> I would have liked more depth, but then, as a long-time Gentoo fan, I could
> read about it for hours!

Yeah, a bit like the question about prefix.  :)  Oh, here are my
slides from my Prefix talk a while ago:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XGvMudl0DZcdIMdsklOYOXn0ul8F731Gg-QmJedUM_0/edit?usp=sharing

I'd be more than happy to talk in more depth about a Gentoo-related
topic, so I'm open to suggestions.  Obviously I'd prefer to keep it
reasonably relevant for the general audience/etc.  A 4 hour workshop
on ebuild tweaking probably isn't ideal for this venue.  Just about
everything I do talk about is demoed on Gentoo, since Gentoo is a
great platform for new technologies (being close to upstream it is
easy to introduce new technologies/etc - we're generally already
building our own kernels and so on).

The talk will be coming to Central and West over the next two months,
so this wasn't your last chance.