Thomas Delrue on 22 Jan 2016 06:26:22 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Idiotic Misleading Headline

Don't make me show my age... Don't make me...
Ehh, what the heck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybNI0KB1bg

That being said, do look up Red Star OS, the Home Grown Linux-based OS
for North Korea. The CCC did two very interesting exposees:
Computer Science in the DPRK [31c3]
	https://media.ccc.de/v/31c3_-_6253_-_en_-_saal_2_-_201412292115_-_compu
ter_science_in_the_dprk_-_will_scott
	(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuxlLLeKZZ8)
Florian Grunow, Niklaus Schiess: Lifting the Fog on Red Star OS
	https://media.ccc.de/v/32c3-7174-lifting_the_fog_on_red_star_os
	(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LGDM9exlZw)

If that ain't full-on & total surveillance with backdoors, traps and a
pummel-stick that will hit you on the head if you do anything remotely
unapproved, I dunno man... As an example, check out the part where the
presenters talk about how the DPRK can track who has seen which picture
- - it's in the second presentation, I think.
Sure, DPRK is against back-doors (no policy mentionings on
front-doors... well, bit holes in the wall really), but it's also a
workers paradise where democracy flourishes... if you catch my drift.

I'd be careful drawing comparisons involving the DPRK on one side and
the {US|UK} on the other, or any other country on the other side for
that matter.
Sure, both sides are police states, but one -the DPRK- is still in a
totally different league...