Bill Patterson on 28 Jan 2016 20:34:23 -0800

[PLUG] Apache2 weird problem

Dear Colleagues -

I don't know how it happened. I was debugging PHP with NetBeans, and after a distraction I went back to it and found that the server wasn't running. I tried to restart Apache. I completely removed and purged it and reinstalled it. It now says it is installed but if I type "apache2 -v" it says the program isn't installed:

me@mymachine:~$ sudo apt-get install apache2
[sudo] password for me:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
apache2 is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 69 not upgraded.
me@mymachine:~$ apache2 -v
The program 'apache2' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install apache2-bin
me@mymachine:~$

any ideas?

Bill