Anthony Martin on 29 Mar 2016 08:56:56 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Forwarding a Job Offer
- From: Anthony Martin <email@example.com>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [PLUG] Forwarding a Job Offer
- Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 11:56:46 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to; bh=9SMZkeNJKuQYUcjP5VGg67Av6pacfD/Yvy+CMjsSrco=; b=I1JJ8+SKmcSxyz8ZROE24LphZXDdhLB/pcb97nfyvaY52kUWbZQoZTKZoTeH1JLTs5 tO5vaKTAGIyM5XGvyX9Ki3B3Ckha/y3cUMb0z4qLSGnNdIGekIWBSj+A6Hh0TP5JymKU +NE/xo/oJeRR4lL6C3aGWaLWtN2wZ9yn2ZBo3tSOZrq+Ogw2lywy9nr0nMaHk+FW7Lyt MKE6EgnzHn9V/RprZMeJi59J2NgyVJOtho6fqOU0D6vppSInmLu8YRVy56jLGHYt8HEU u2t979FnFsQo4sfCnbS7dp8V87LsejsuO3FaXkFzNkegVkLMKKrE+eSnq6AAR9tBNN82 0pLQ==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The following was sent to me by a recruiter so I figured I would forward it to everyone on the list. The location is in Center City with as the recruiter put it "a major player in the health care industry".
Here are the details regarding the position I mentioned to you. I really appreciate your help!
This position will leverage Cloud Infrastructure and CI tools to help development teams produce pipelines and quality software applications. It will also interface with the Research Computing Organization, which manages petabytes of data storage, thousands of cores of high performance compute and a hybrid private/public cloud. The successful candidate will work closely with bio-informaticians, software developers and data science teams to understand data intensive scientific problems and provide technically innovative scalable solutions.
The successful candidate will be passionate about automation, able to work independently and as an interdisciplinary team member, and have good organizational skills and attention to detail. Strong critical thinking, troubleshooting and problem solving skills are also required for this position. A basic background in life sciences is helpful but not required. We are looking for people who share our eagerness to develop novel ways of advancing child health using technology.
Job Responsibility: Principal responsibilities or job duties
- Provide technical expertise in designing and developing systems and best practices that are cost effective and meet user requirements complying with the organizations security standards. Create cloud based and traditional infrastructure through automated scripts. Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement. Actively facilitate continuous improvement.
- Serve as a liaison and point-of-contact with Radiology Information System (RIS) & Hospital Information Systems (HIS). Research, experiment and recommend new technologies. Initiate and mange proof of concepts (POCs) with outside vendors. Install, configure and deploy containers/software/tools and upgrades.
- Design, develop and maintain the automated frameworks for enabling agile software development and robust testing. Provide Development, Test and Production environment operational support, and assist with trouble shooting and designing solutions to prevent future issues. Develop solutions that will provide monitoring, logging, and alerting capabilities. Use monitoring tools and metrics to analyze performance and characterize limitations and bottlenecks.
- Deploy the latest in CI/CD technologies and containerized solutions. Maintain and improve our CI/CD infrastructure and pipeline to quickly and accurately deliver software applications. Help development software teams migrate to a continuous delivery methodology.
- Subject matter expert (SME) in AWS infrastructure and best practice. Work closely with architecture and infrastructure teams to develop automated self-service tooling to deploy custom cloud templates, both on premise and in public cloud (AWS). Create tools to visualize resource usage, and trouble shoot problems in AWS cloud.
- Containerization: Docker & DockerHub,
- Management Framework: Mesos and Kubernetes
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins
- VersionControl: Git, GitHub (code & configuration)
- Scripting: Bash, Python, … your tool of choice
- Database: MySQL, Oracle, … NoSQL- Mongo/CouchDB/Dynamo/Neo4j
- BigData: Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra
- DataStreaming: Kafka
- Cloud: AWS, EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, CloudFormation
- SystemAutomation: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Cfengine
- Monitoring & Logging: Splunk, Loggly, Stackdriver, HIS-ActiveSt
- OS: Linux – RHL, other
- HPC: Batchschedulers, SGE/LSF
- DataTransfer: Aspera, sftp
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug