Walt Mankowski on 18 Apr 2016 12:32:41 -0700

Re: [PLUG] >32K concurrent processes

Even with an O(1) scheduler I (and it seems many of the other posters
in this thread) would be concerned about performance and throughput
with that many processes. It seems to me that it's possible your
kernel could be spending a significant amount of time scheduling
processes.

While you're trying to figure out how to have >32k processes, another
test I'd suggest running would be to crank things up to, say, 31500
processes and see what your performance is like then. Of course, given
your other comments I'm guessing you may have already done that, but
if not it seems like a good idea.

Walt