JP Vossen on 27 Apr 2016 11:24:28 -0700

Re: [PLUG] R Pi3 Kodi, VLC and ffmpeg

Why am I not surprised?  Oh yeah, because...Arch.  :-)

On 04/27/2016 02:23 PM, Jason Plum wrote:
Aka, we've had this in Arch for a while ;)

Jason Plum
WarheadsSE

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 2:22 PM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org
<mailto:jp@jpsdomain.org>> wrote:

    OK, I'll take you word on that.  :-)

    On 04/27/2016 02:19 PM, Jason Plum wrote:

        This basically calls back to being able to properly use
        OpenMAX/OMX and
        integrating that to whatever. And then, magic! It works.

        Jason Plum
        WarheadsSE

        On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 2:18 PM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org
        <mailto:jp@jpsdomain.org>
        <mailto:jp@jpsdomain.org <mailto:jp@jpsdomain.org>>> wrote:

             Interesting:

        http://fossforce.com/2016/04/thumbs-ubuntu-mate-16-04-raspberry-pi/
                      "Accelerated Frameworks: While I am a fan of
        OpenELEC and
             OSMC, I’ve longed for a Raspberry Pi OS that can not only
        run Kodi,
             but also function as a desktop OS. Well that wait is now
        over since
             Ubuntu MATE can now run Kodi whenever I choose. With 16.04,
        Ubuntu
             MATE has accelerated the Raspberry Pi 3 to run Kodi
        extremely well,
             but the accelerated frameworks don’t end with Kodi. Also
        included in
             the mix is VLC and ffmpeg, which should round out most
        users needs
             when it comes to wanting better video streaming for the
        Raspberry Pi."

Later,
JP