Keith C. Perry on 27 Apr 2016 11:40:07 -0700

Re: [PLUG] disk image one-liner

That would be a strict definition :D

**Practically speaking** if xfsdump can process a couple of changes after the dump starts its not a big deal.  If 99% of the data is atomic few admin are going to worry about a couple of additional web log entries being written  ;)

BTW, is btrfs-image the equivalent tool for BTRFS?

https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Manpage/btrfs-image

If so, why is it considered "Mainly used for debugging purposes."?

Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167