Michael Lazin on 14 Jul 2016 10:30:45 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Question on *RWX authorities to files and folders

I'm not exacly sure what you are asking but a folder needs the executable bit to descend into it.  Thus in most web hosting environments folder permissions are set to 755.  If the executable bit is not set to the folder for the user they can't descend into it regardless of rw permissions.

Cheers,

Michael