john boris on 24 Aug 2016 11:04:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Setting up a Windows Printer to print to accept print jobs over VPN

Sonicwall does have a LINUX version it just isn't for the Pi. I have a small Dell laptop running Lubuntu and it works from that unit but when you are going to work 8 hours at a machine and need to rdp into the office at times the small keyboard and screen are a pain. So I just have to adjust.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Keith C. Perry <kperry@daotechnologies.com> wrote:
Ahh ok.  Too bad they weren't using OpenVPN or even a Cisco VPN- both of those run on Linux.  I hear you though- this region's lack of roadway infrastructure makes travel times 2 to 4 times longer than they need to be.  That time lost is productivity time gained when you can work from home.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.

From: "john boris" <jborissr@gmail.com>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:49:03 PM

Subject: Re: [PLUG] Setting up a Windows Printer to print to accept print jobs over VPN

The Home Printer(which is attached to my Windows 7 machine) is on the $WORK network via the VPN but it is shared out as a Windows printer and my SCO servers don't have a way to connect to the WIndows printer.
This is all moot at this point as I can't run the Sonicwall NetExtender on the Raspberry Pi I was trying to use a LINUX print server. So I will have to go to plan C and use my LINUX laptop when I want to do work that requires me to print.

It is never easy. But this is worth it to beat that daily drive into Center City just to sit at a desk and do the same thing I can do from my Home office.