Keith C. Perry on 14 Sep 2016 12:21:02 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Replacement mailing list idea

I would be for continuing to do it ourselves as well.  Obviously things changes but if that change happens every 10 to 20 years I'd say we are doing extremely well relative to other organizations :D

I've previously mentioned I would be willing to host a VM on my office servers if someone is willing to be responsible for the management of the VM and services.  I'm assuming CJ, Walt and Paul would continue in their current roles for mail and web.  Who currently is administering the system- MCT?  Is there anything else?

It sounds like this is currently on a shared system so creating a VM of the current server is probably inappropriate.  This begs the  question of how should the mailing list be migrated since I think we would hate to see anything lost in the archives.  I haven't used mailmon since I switched to sympa so I'm not sure of the migration logistics.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Zipperlen" <George.Zipperlen@mail.com>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 2:49:46 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Replacement mailing list idea

DIY all the way.

Google stability?  1) Less and less of the old DejaNews seems available each time I search. End up going back to my own very incomplete saved archives.
2). I dumped Chrome browser the day it upgraded itself and wiped out all my plugins, extensions and personalizations, with no path back.

Different (can of worms) example:  SourceForge.

George Zipperlen
Sent from my iPhone