Walt Mankowski on 12 Oct 2016 09:05:54 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux laptop

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 12:11:33AM -0400, Lowell Higley wrote:
> I bought the Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition.. comes with Ubuntu preloaded.
> I love this laptop, very portable.  Not sure if it's 4K, though.
>
> http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/xps-13-9360-laptop/pd?oc=cax13ubuntuh5161&model_id=xps-13-9360-laptop
>
> Also about the same price as a macbook, I think.  I have no idea how much
> macbooks are, I don't buy anything that's in a walled garden.

I'll just add that even if you like macbook pros, right now is a
particularly bad time to buy one. They haven't been updated in almost
a year and a half. There are rumors that Apple may be announcing new
models as soon as the end of the month, but for now these are still
just rumors.

Walt