ac on 18 Oct 2016 10:42:57 -0700

Re: [PLUG] spamassassin help: create a rule to score by sender TLD

On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 12:55:28 -0400
Greg Helledy <gregsonh@gra-inc.com> wrote:

> If you've done something similar, are there other problematic domains
> that seem to generate a lot of spam and are unlikely to house
> legitimate mail senders?  I will stay away from the country-based
> ones because we do get mail from foreign contacts.  It's more the new
> TLDs I'm worried about... .xyz is another one I noticed and would
> probably score.

I would not do this in that way as there may be legit domains @ .xyz
or .top and your users (if you are a hosting co) may/will complain
about dropping legit email...

best way to stop spam is still the dnsbl, like SpamCop.net &
superblock.ascams.com & spamhaus/org etc etc

2c

Andre