ac on 21 Oct 2016 11:33:58 -0700

Re: [PLUG] spamassassin help: create a rule to score by sender TLD

On Fri, 21 Oct 2016 13:58:17 -0400
Rich Kulawiec <rsk@gsp.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 01:30:37PM +0200, ac wrote:
> > funny. but it proves my point exactly.
> > no I am sending from a well known and maintained ipv4 space, from a
> > reputable .com mail server... that is blacklisted exactly nowhere -
> > anytime in the past ten+ years
> > and you are not receiving my email...
> > imagine you relied on your email as a business tool (to buy food)
> > you would be screwed.
>
> No, it doesn't prove your point.  Let me try to correct some of your
> misconceptions about how email and the Internet work (or don't).

Wow, Okay, I actually read through your long diatribe as I firmly
believe that I can learn something from anyone at any time...

What I learned from your long reply is that you take an extremely long
winded way to say:

"It is my server and if I do not want your email you can F off."

You seem to want to try to justify your opinion or your "point of view"
and you seem to think that you can peddle your pov as fact.

Where in truth, you do not even consider for a second that you may
actually be wrong.

Your argument has only one structure, designed to justify your POV

imnsho you are wrong, not about how the Internet works, it is your
server, not about nanog posts, but about a fair chunk of  everything
else.

On the Internet and as far as abuse, ddos and bots go, we use all
network layers, sometimes null routing /8 for a period - long before
they even hit any border or puny email server - so you using an ssh
access example to explain why you need to block email from entire
tls's is simply silly.

The average dnsbl that I work with cycles around 2 million ipv4 every
few days, this is just the last point, the point where traffic actually
hits the mail gateways or mail servers

It is extremely effective to block ipv4 and whitelist ipv6

In fact, as the ipv4 scarcity increases so the abuse management of ipv4
is also increasing and actual email abuse that makes it through is
mostly from public esp like gmail, yahoo and hotmail

So, go ahead, block China, block Russia, block the UK, or .me block
whomever you want, it is your server...

Andre