ac on 21 Oct 2016 13:51:01 -0700

Re: [PLUG] spamassassin help: create a rule to score by sender TLD

On Fri, 21 Oct 2016 16:40:26 -0400
Rich Kulawiec <rsk@gsp.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 06:04:09PM +0200, ac wrote:
> > congratulations on your book on mail systems defense, i truly hope
> > you are not also suggesting, in a book, that people should block
> > entire tld, like .me (for example about.me and so many SF startups
> > use .me) like you have advocated here (and are doing yourself)
>
> I suggest, as I pointed in my long message, that people analyze and
> understand their own operational needs, and block everything that they
> don't need/want.  I happen to block .me *here* because careful,
<snip lots of very interesting things around here>

and every time I get a new user, domain hosting client (which happens a
few times an hour) my incoming profile changes

Some people are fat, they get diets each day, some are religious and
they get prayers each day, some like horoscopes and they get them from
the phillipines (or wherever)

So, your advice does not work in the real world. If you publish a book
that advises that would be funny.

Also, I have programs / lim ai that manage spam/abuse/etc I am lazy and
I like that we get no spam, my users are mostly happy and I am not
killing myself trying to figure out which domain names to block, when
and when to lift blocks or lose paying clients.

What works in the real world is to file an abuse complaint and to use fair/trusted blocklists
(and to do all that as automagically as possible)

Andre