Rich Freeman on 24 Oct 2016 14:47:30 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Postscreen (another tool for helping to minimize the effect of spam)

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 5:33 PM, Keith C. Perry
<kperry@daotechnologies.com> wrote:

> FYI, It is not necessary to include the sender's email and the list address on a response- the OP  will get two messages.  The list address is all you need.  Thanks in advance...

Says the guy posting in HTML.  :)

I think that is a somewhat debatable point of etiquette.  I don't mind
being included in CC when I'm being replied to.  The duplicates are
best handled via filtering:

:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail -D 8192 msgid.cache

:0 a:
/dev/null

But, I realize most don't bother with this so I usually trim CCs.  I
have so many mail aliases I was getting 4 copies of everything at
points so I can't survive without procmail.

--
Rich