Gavin W. Burris on 19 Dec 2016 07:07:49 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Wanted: volunteers with bandwidth, storage, coding skills to help save climate data

I take that back.  This is an interesting project.  It draws awareness to how research data is disseminated.  And who watches the watchers?

My view is that all of the critical data is already out there, sitting in countless researchers' project home directories, already analyzed and published.  It can't be taken back, even if the main repository is shut down.

I'm really interested in how critical data sets are being identified.  And also, what would be other categories of data requiring refuge?

Cheers.