Morgan Jones on 16 Feb 2017 08:43:32 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Start-up Advice

+1 to Christopher’s advice, particularly when it comes to pay—options are great if they work out but you have to assume they won’t.  I worked for a startup in my early career—it was a great place to work until it was bought out.  I’ve taken a different path since mostly due to opportunities that presented themselves.  I’ve interviewed at startups since and decided against them for various reasons but in some cases just for lifestyle: long hours get less desirable as I age and want life outside of work.  That said if you’re willing to put in the time and love your work and/or your co-workers it’s hard to beat working in a tight-knit team that gets things done.

Let us know what you decide and how it works out.

-morgan