Robert on 10 Mar 2017 11:51:54 -0800

Re: [PLUG] network drive doesn't mount on boot after update--how to check why?

On 03/08/2017 01:44 PM, Greg Helledy wrote:
Apparently the updates changed something with the relative orders of mounting drives and network access coming up, so that the system was trying to mount the drive before the LAN was ready. Adding that option in fstab fixed the issue.

If memory serves me correctly CentOS 6 should still be using the SysV. You can look into the /etc/rdc.d/rc3.d (for non-GUI) or rc5.d (for GUI mode) for the startup order of your programs. Every file will start with a K or S followed by a set of numbers and then the name to indicate what it is starting. S is for Starting the script and K is for killing the script. Ex.

S10network -> ../init.d/network

By changing the number you are able to decide in what order they will start. Anything with S11 or greater will start after the network. Just make sure that the network drives get started after the network.

If you look into rc6.d they should all start with K. I wouldn't change anything in here as this is the shutdown sequence.

--

Regards,

Robert

Smile, it increases your face value.........