Rich Freeman on 15 Mar 2017 12:09:24 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Avoid Arvixe at all costs!

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Greg Helledy <gregsonh@gra-inc.com> wrote:
> This is a great example of what you see often in technical forums.
>
> User A posts "I want to do X."
>
> User B, instead of posting "Here is how you do X..." or "Doing X is hard or
> impossible because of reason Y." posts "You shouldn't want to do X."
>
> I've clearly explained what I want and expressed willingness to pay.  If
> what I want is technically impossible, I want to understand what the
> obstacle is.  Otherwise, you're not adding any value.

Well, offering alternatives can be helpful, but it is better to offer
them positively.  Ie, less "ROFLMAO" and more "have you considered
alternative A which may offer these benefits?"

Such an offer shouldn't shut down discussion on the original question.
There are always pros and cons to any solution.

--
Rich