Greg Helledy on 13 Mar 2017 12:02:15 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Avoid Arvixe at all costs!

We dodged the bullet that had me write that panicked post a month ago. But now we are ready to make a move, at a more reasonable pace.

I did get a recommendation for Panix, but they don't offer cPanel/WHM. We need a solution that can be administered by a technically-aware non-IT person (me) and operated by someone else using my instructions while I'm on vacation (if necessary).

Is it possible to find a reliable VPS provider that offers its users:

*linux hosting (CentOS is probably best, what we're used to)
*cPanel/WHM, including csf (ConfigServer Firewall) and clamav
*WordPress, plus ability to install the various addons
*MySQL (support WordPress)
*A dedicated IP address, must be able to supply one that's not on spam blacklists *Email (unlimited accounts) using dovecot, fully configurable by us. Must provide webmail interface (roundcube or horde). MUST be able to have outgoing mail sent from our domain with our private IP (not routed through their server).
*Website statistics report (AWStats)
*Ability to do granular backup/restores (individual directories/files), at more than just overnight interval (this can be an extra-cost option).
*Ability to add/remove subdomains

These are all things Arvixe offers, they just struggle to deliver on. Finally, if they're good at migrating existing setups, that's a big plus.

Thanks,
--
Greg Helledy
GRA, Incorporated