Steve Litt on 16 Mar 2017 17:12:54 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Backups vs Copies: was Avoid Arvixe at all costs!

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 19:57:29 -0400
Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 7:43 PM, Steve Litt
> <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> >
> > That's for sure. What I want to do is recover from anything as
> > trivial as an ill advised rm command to anything short of nuclear
> > war. Additionally, I want to have access to files decades old,
> > because on occasion I need them. And I want security and
> > performance not offered by "Cloud Backup Solutions".
> >

> I mainly use duplicity for this purpose.  It operates incrementally
> but can restore past versions of files, and it supports encryption and
> a number of back-ends.

Very nice!

I'll investigate duplicity, and right away I'll investigate using GnuPG
instead of the very messy and Linux-only LUKS.

SteveT

Steve Litt
March 2017 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb