K.S. Bhaskar on 13 Apr 2017 09:06:11 -0700

[PLUG] Wireless hotspot with inbound ssh/vpn

I started work at a startup earlier this month. Although we will need a hard-wired Internet access before too long, I'm wondering if we need that to start with. Specifically, since our initial bandwidth needs are modest, I was looking at whether we could get by with a mobile hot-spot.The potential show-stopper is inbound ssh/vpn, which is a hard requirement. Are there any companies / hot-spots that provide inbound access? Or do I need to bite the bullet and call Comcast Business Service to get wired service?

I realize I can work around the limitation by using a machine in the cloud, and having a machine in the office establish a connection to that machine with something like ssh port forwarding to allow someone to connect to the cloud machine and then connect back to the office. But entering into a competition with Rube Goldberg at this stage in the company's existence seems a bit premature.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards
-- Bhaskar