K.S. Bhaskar on 13 Apr 2017 09:06:11 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Wireless hotspot with inbound ssh/vpn
- From: "K.S. Bhaskar" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [PLUG] Wireless hotspot with inbound ssh/vpn
- Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 12:06:05 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:sender:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=/Q9NDR/MBHeeqX39T/aoKybLhqllSJwuLX/+gyjjc+A=; b=NHdA4PG959IsIvKwLXwBVYveTfoMSfwAgqEMzkOMnhnJnnZRRdMwaS9JMUJfks4hSZ LMcwGCYMKqSLQvyXPBQCW4cCgBXGABikeKG/9mbSj3M6cdZs2PCd8sLtENkbSdGpqyTn RuugdIyyXkSBVyNsxSpwhZeCrgj0QL4ClH6uzZeHqxDolT18n9LN4zN/51OHDNOvm9xM ocjnFsLBXktS3SHZBxDCblAjl5ouBya4V25DQtU5KYraPH3WmKJwpP3U7wvkWgH3Y72R cTQZ7NiZM4ZR5ixxx2gibcAULQy0O9TbkLE9bTY1UhNchBBk1lYLBkIiPh1vMVDXFN0k jqqA==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: "plug" <email@example.com>
I started work at a startup earlier this month. Although we will need a hard-wired Internet access before too long, I'm wondering if we need that to start with. Specifically, since our initial bandwidth needs are modest, I was looking at whether we could get by with a mobile hot-spot.The potential show-stopper is inbound ssh/vpn, which is a hard requirement. Are there any companies / hot-spots that provide inbound access? Or do I need to bite the bullet and call Comcast Business Service to get wired service?
I realize I can work around the limitation by using a machine in the cloud, and having a machine in the office establish a connection to that machine with something like ssh port forwarding to allow someone to connect to the cloud machine and then connect back to the office. But entering into a competition with Rube Goldberg at this stage in the company's existence seems a bit premature.
Thank you very much in advance.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug